Saturday, May 14, 2011

Isn't it a lovely day

I know I usually try to post something 'deep' and 'meaningful' and this is too only in a different way. I just want to take a moment to count my blessings. I am blessed because Jesus is my Lord, light to my path, my joy and peace provider. I am blessed with a hard working husband, Great daughter and son, a wonderful son-in law(although I don't think of him in that way but as my 2nd son) , three precious grandchildren and still have my Dad and Mom with me.  I have two crazy chihuahuas and a nice home. You see I have discovered it isn't how much stuff you have, although a house is stuff, you did notice it came last in my list of blessings. Lets get real here you can have a mansion but if you do not have the Lord and love of family you have nothing, not really. I also am blessed with extended family, blood and in laws. It is wonderful that even in times of trouble you can have peace. I get 'shaky' sometimes, I just hate discord, however my joy and peace do not depend on if I like what is going on or not. My peace comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth. So today, this day, I can say," Isn't it a lovely day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment