Monday, May 2, 2011

Historic

It is a historic news day here in America. Bin Laden is dead. Many are rejoicing and acting like it is party time. Although I understand their sentiments I can not rejoice with them. God sent His Son for Bin Laden as well as you and me. The sad part is that many like Bin Laden  reject the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings. Bin Laden had a soul just like anyone else. He went into eternity and his time on earth is done. Bin Laden now begins the next stage...eternity.  You and I face eternity when our time on this old earth is done.  Today I am saddened and sober. Heaven and Hell are real places and the choice of who we will serve decides where we will spend eternity. I know some say there are no such thing as Heaven or Hell, then know this you have made your eternal choice.I have contemplated how to say what is on my heart about what is taking place on the news today. I find no joy in a man, evil or not, losing his life. For God so LOVED the world that He gave his only begotten son.. He gave us His Son to stand in our place, to take our punishment. Christ said on the cross," It is finished." Salvation has been paid for and it is now our choice weather to accept and repent. So while people chant and celebrate, let us remember a man began his eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment