Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Are you troubled?

Are you troubled? Are you in dire straights? Where do you look to for help? One of the benefits of being in Christ is put rather well in Psalms 121.  Verse one asks a very good question,'from whence[where] does my help come from?' Verse two answers it quite well, ' my help come from the Lord who made heaven and earth.
Do you feel like you are on a slippery slope? Do you feel like you are being consumed by fire with all the problems piling up around you? Do you feel like bad stuff[evil] keeps running you down? There are promises in this scripture to all of this and more. What is this help of the Lord? v3 says 'He will not allow your foot to slip. He(Jesus ) who keeps you will neither slumber or sleep v4. The Lord will be your shade.He will not allow the sun to strike you by day or the moon by night. So night and day He will shade you and keep you. He will keep evil from you and will preserve your soul. How far ? From your going in to your going out from this time forward and forever. When I got to verse 8 I ask myself what time forward. It probably depends on whom you are referring too; weather Israel or people in general. Let me say that my time forward started when  I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord. My time started when I repented and asked God to forgive me and restore me to right standing with Him. Has your THIS DAY FORWARD AND FOREVER MORE come? No? Then cry out to Jesus and be restored. Let Him heal your broken things. Let Him heal the hurts and empty places. He loves you and waits for you to call...Cry out to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment