Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What IF?

The word IF is used appx. 331 times in the Word of God(KJV). IF can mean uncertain or can also be a condition. Let us look at the condition. IF, IF  only, IF I had.. How many times have you said this to yourself? IF I had only done this then that would not have happened. IF only that then I would be in a better place. Well  there is another if.. IF my people that are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray, then WILL I hear from Heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land.

 Now in truth God was speaking to the Israelis and referring to their actual country. I would say and you would more than likely agree that our country needs healing. However, I pose a question..what IF we as individuals humbled ourselves before God  and our spiritual man(Land) was healed, on fire and full of the Holy Spirit? What IF the church(the people, not the building) began acting more like Jesus and less like the world? What IF the houses of God would be full of His glory and power. What IF? You could do away with gimmicks, because you would be burning for Christ and people would come just to see you 'burn' if not for any other reason .lol. Our marriages, children, families, finances, in other words our lives would flourish and be a beacon for the lost and dying.

We feel helpless and frozen in place from all the missed choices and chances. We have turned right when we should have gone left, we have stood when we should have sat..In short we have messed up our lives most royally. I like many of you think of all the what IFs? Let me bring you some wonderful news... The past is gone and wallowing in guilt and self condemnation will not change it. The GOOD NEWS is this--- The Lord's mercies are new EVERY morning and IF we repent and turn from our wicked ways, our self propelled choices He WILL forgive us, restore us and set us on the path to life in abundance. Then we will walk in victory and power causing change all around us :)  So let me ask, "What IF?"

No comments:

Post a Comment